After you have made the decision to sell your property, one of our dedicated listers will come to meet with you, and together we can establish a fair market price for your home.
Once the price has been agreed we will market the property extensively throughout our various media outlets, plus through out our large network of partners, and your property will be seen by a wide selection of clients from many nations.
We want to make selling your home a a smooth easy process, and we aim to keep you updated each step of the way.
Once we have secured an offer on your property, we can then help with lawyers, moving companies, or anything else you may require to ensure a smooth sale.
Decreto 218/2005 is a Law from the Andalusian Government stating the information that must be provided to consumers by real estate agencies in purchase and rental transactions. You have to prepare standard documents which must be filled in with that information and provide this to the consumer. Obviously, you will have to request that information from property owners. For those who offer a property for sale a new regulation has been introduced and every person selling their property is required by law to provide to the estate agent all the relevant information.
Paperwork required by law
- Title Deed of the property
- Current nota simple (these are updated every 3 months)
- Energy certificate
- Receipt for council tax
- Recent receipts for water and electric
- Receipt for community fees
- Details of administrators of owners
- Receipt for basura tax
- Copy of NIE and passports of owners
Your property cannot be advertised until all the relevant information is provided.
Costs involved in selling
If you are a non resident in Spain you are required to pay 19% of the profit made on your house, you will be required to pay only 3% of the full amount on the day you go to notary, the remainder is to be paid when the Spanish tax office ask for it, normally about 30 days after completion.
- Plus Valia Tax: This is calculated by the townhall and is based on the increase in the value of land from the time you bought the property to the date you sell
- Agents fee: This can range from 5-7% plus VAT
- Lawyer fee: These are normally around 1% plus VAT